Cusco Population

& Government

The last census, performed in 2007, determined that the Region of Cusco is home for l,l71,403 Peruvians. These people represent 4.27% of Peruvians. About 15% of the population live in poverty or extreme poverty, and the majority of them live in rural areas without access to proper education and health services.

In the Region of Cusco, Castellano (Spanish from the region of Castilla in Spain) is the main language, and about 85% of the population speaks it. On the other hand, about 15% of the population speaks only Quechua. A high percentage of the population are bilingual (Castellano and Quechua) or Trilingual (Castellano, Quechua, and a foreign language such as English or French). Cusco is an area of Peru where locals are proud of their origins, and Quechua is frequently spoken at home and outside the home. The strong presence of tourism helps to maintain local customs.

Peru is a democratic country where mayors, governors, and counselors are elected every four years. In January 2015 the mayor of the City of Cusco, Carlos Moscoso Perea, started a new term. The main City Hall is located in downtown Cusco. The President of the Region, Edwin Licona Licona,was elected at the sarne time and for the sorne period of time. The main office is also located in the district of Wanchaq.

There are 13 provinces in Cusco and the Province of Cusco has 8 districts. Each province and district has a mayor. The Provinces of Puno are listed below:

  • Acomayo (center of the region)
  • Anta (western center of the region)
  • Calca (eastern center of the region)
  • Canas (southeastern part of the region)
  • Canchis (southeastern part of the region)
  • Chumbivilcas (southwestern part of the region)
  • Cusco (center of the region)
  • Espinar (southern part of the region)
  • La Convencion (northern part of the region)
  • Paruro (western center of the region)
  • Paucartambo (eastern center of the region)
  • Quispicanchi (eastern center of the region)
  • Urubamba (northern center of the region)
Inti Raymi, Cusco Population & Government - My Peru Guide
Corpus Christi, Cusco Population & Government - My Peru Guide
Lares People, Cusco Population & Government - My Peru Guide
Cusco Population & Government - My Peru Guide

Loremp Impsiom

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc tincidunt vehicula velit, luctus fermentum eros ornare ac. Cras vehicula, velit at ornare efficitur, diam eros sodales lorem, eu ultricies odio nulla non mi. Fusce bibendum a mauris quis volutpat. Quisque placerat elementum vehicula. Mauris tristique lobortis risus quis gravida. In vel enim vitae urna rhoncus sagittis. Maecenas iaculis eget mauris varius lobortis. Mauris fermentum felis luctus gravida tincidunt. Cras aliquam metus ac nunc accumsan, sed sollicitudin ligula convallis. Etiam ullamcorper sapien congue lacus euismod facilisis. Vivamus massa neque, commodo ac vulputate tincidunt, tincidunt sed lorem. Cras volutpat nisl a maximus fermentum. Nunc pretium velit eget urna vestibulum, a tincidunt elit commodo. Curabitur maximus gravida pharetra. In euismod est eget odio feugiat, sit amet rhoncus neque volutpat.

Nombres y Apellidos



Soy Usuario / I am a User

Have you forgotten your password?

Enter your e-mail address to recover your password


Be part of our community!

Enjoy our benefits!

Register in our site and start planning your visit to Peru with the right partner. See below a few of the benefits of becoming a member:

  • Find short or long duration tours and book
  • Find the best tour operators in each town
  • Share your experience and recommend sites

When you register in our site, you accept the Terms & Conditions of

Are you already registered? Login

¡Sé parte de nuestra comunidad!

Regístrate. ¡Es Gratis!

Regístrate en nuestro sitio y empieza a disfrutar de nuestros beneficios. Apoyamos a todo tipo de operador de turismo enfocado en el turismo receptivo:

  • Promueve tu marca en el mercado de habla inglesa
  • Ofrece tus servicios turísticos con nosotros
  • Contáctate con tus usuarios y genera más ventas

Al regístrarte aceptas los Términos y Condiciones de

¿Ya estás registrado?iniciar sesión

Registro de Operador


Estoy de acuerdo con los Términos y Condiciones

User Register

I agree with the Terms & Conditions of